Primavera P6 allows to put activity data in an Excel Spreadsheet. This small guide is showing how to set up the TILOS Excel import profile in order to create a TILOS chart fast and easy.
a. Location information:
In Primavera create the activity user defined fields “FromLocation” and “ToLocation”. For each activity in question fill the location values. (e.g.12’580).
b. Template information (Display of the TILOS tasks)
One activity field is necessary to contain the TILOS task template information in order control the display of the task in TILOS. You may use codings that are containing all names of the TILOS task template. (e.g Code “Welding”, that points to the task template “Welding” in TILOS.)
c. activity selection (Filter)
In most cases not all activities shall be transported. Please use a filter to select the activities to export.
d. Export to Excel file
For Primavera output use the predefined P6 activity fields and add the user defined fields for template code and FromLocation and ToLocation.
The Output file looks similar to that sample: On the page “TASK” you find some columns containing you activity data. The table has two headlines.
(You may also export the Links in the Excel file. In this case for links there will be a page “TASKPRED”.)
e. Prepare the TILOS file
Adjust the Time-Distance-Diagram to show the time and distance range fitting to the activity data.
Approve, that all activity templates are existing and the display is set up correctly
2. Importing into TILOS
- In TILOS choose “File -> Import” to call the Import Wizard.
- Import Wizard Step one (Import format): Choose “Microsoft Excel (XLS)” (Note: You have to licene that module)
- Import Wizard Step two (Data source): Select the xls file that cotains the data.
- Import Wizard Step three: (Select profile): Select the template profile “Primavera Import Sample WBS as Task field”.
Once you have to change the profile to match your spreadsheet. Later you may reuse it.
Number 3: Edit the activity field list used in the spreadsheet. The fields and the number of the columns in the spreadshee has to match:
- Import Wizard Step four (Sub-Project selection): Choose the subproject the data should be inserted in.
During the import the Wizard is doing.
- Creating each line as a task with the desired field values
- Assigning the Template (Display) for each task
- Checking the Task-Id: if this task is already existing there will be no new task created. Only the values will be updated on the existing task