This week we have been released the beta version of TILOS 8. Version 8 will provide the foundation for a new a new product line for linear scheduling. The most significant changes are under the surface of the application – in its software architecture, which has been completely rewritten.
We are very proud of the results:
TILOS has bigger capacity in data and it performs actions like opening projects, changing views or rescheduling up to 50 times faster than the previous version. The most plus in speed we got by generating grouped Gantt chart outputs. They now open directly after clicking due to optimized data management and overworked screen display. TILOS 8 is not only speeded up with software optimization, but also with optimized hardware usage by using multiple processor and multi thread technology.
The final release is planned for the end of January 2013. If you would like to test the new version before, please send us a email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will supply a download link and an activation code to test the full functionality of TILOS 8.
TILOS Explorer changes
In this folder you may group or sort all the different new (and old) views: Time distance views, Gantt charts views, list views generated from tasks, links, resources, micro progresses and others.
2. Project Data:
Here the entire project specific data is displayed, like distance axis informations and cell contents.
This folder contains base data not specifically linked to a project, such as task templates, resource and cost library.
Enhanced Grids usage
The data grids (Tables/Lists) have been completely reprogrammed. Now the grids have a more common look-and-feel and new fuctions:
- By clicking the column header the rows get sorted by the values in this column, even in the gantt chart panel
- With the cursor keys it is possible to navigate in the rows and columns
- Tab key will jump to the next field in the row
- Pulldown values can be selected by typing keys
- The content of each data grid can be exported to the clipboard
- In general the whole table grid can be used without mouse, only by keyboard
Cross project drag & drop in grids
Drag & Drop in Grids allows to create new lines just by copying existing lines in the same grid. You can do that also with the Shortcuts Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V.
As one of biggest enhancements in this context: It is possible to drag items (of the same grid) between parallel running TILOS Sessions. For example you may copy line styles, symbols or task templates between different TILOS files to synchronize the data in different projects. By this way: missing lower level objects gets also be copied to the destination, if needed.
Finally complete Sub-projects can be copied from one TILOS session to another: This special case replaces all data of the Sub-Project. As a result both (source and destination) content is similar. This option can be used to merge project data from different files into one file to make cross project analyzes.
Multiple sub project in same planning cell
One major benefit in project displaying of TILOS 8 is, that you have the possibility to display more than one Sub-project in the same Time-Distance-planning cell.
In combination with the new drag & drop functions for copying project data, this is very powerful new functionality: Plannings from different files or different states can be overlayed and compared.
Project controls, Baselining and Reporting
- In previous versions, each sub project and baseline could be created with an own report date. Now the new baselines are working on file level and there is only one report date.
- New created tasks, added after the baseline creation, now can be merged into existing baselines.
- The dash board can be displayed in a cell of a view. The dashboard is showing the performance figures like progress actual and planned, schedule and cost performance index. The task base for the dashboard report can be set up by assigning a filter (e.g. take all welding tasks from different Sub-projects: Cross-Project Report for just one work type)
- The task baseline values can be included in histograms to compare planned against actual values. The S-Curves then display planned quantities against actual achieved quantities, planned time against actual time, etc.
Mass Haulage Diagram
As a complete new functionality the Mass Haulage Diagrams has been added to TILOS Version 8.
This special new diagram displays all cut and fill areas and highlights the soil classes by different colors . The arrows are displaying the haulages between the cut and fill areas. These haulage lines can be created just by drawing on screen.
TILOS now provides an overwiew about the flow of material and also the transported quantities. Extractions, dump sites, stock piles are displayed in the border area of the Mass Haulage diagram.
The mass balance curve displays the balance between cut and fill calculated from the left side. Ideally this curve should be zero at the end.
The cut (blue) and fill (gold) tasks can be generated automatically from the context menu of a haulage line. The task quantity is set by the haulage quantity while duration is calculated from the work rate.
The time histograms displaying planned cut quantities per week, the summary curve displays the stock pile of the crushing zone.
The planning of big mass movements are more easy and transparent with the new functionality. It is included in the controlling concept along with TILOS.
All exchange modules have been adapted to the new data structure. To shorten the number of clicks, the addon modules can now directly communicate with TILOS online. No need to create and read xml files any more, as long as both applications run on the same machine.
The XML-Exchange-Profiles can be included in the TILOS file itself.
Data exchange is now much easier and more comprehensive.
Google Earth Addon
One of the most interesting aspects of TILOS 8 is the new Google Earth add-on component. Just a couple of clicks are required to visualize your project on the globe.
We have already published that: